Monday, June 14, 2010

Never a dull moment...NEVER!!!

So today Lori our piano teacher was over giving Sophia's piano lesson, and through the backdoor runs Avery screaming..."Mom, Benny has a rat", and I slowly walk toward her as my brain begins to process what she is saying, and then Benny comes running into the house arms outstreched with a LIVE gopher. "Mom, look what I found...it's a squirrel...and ist's so cute", I started SCREAMING, Lori did too, but not as loud I think. "BENNY PUT THAT THING DOWN", to which he replied "no, I don't want to it's so cute", as he begins to lean toward it as if to kiss it ....COMMENCE me screaming "MATT, MATT, COME NOW, MATT." Matt, who was giving Gavin a bath at the moment scoops up the dripping naked baby, runs down the stairs and thrusts him toward me yelling "What, what is it?" And I again...screaming...of course...."Benny...RAAAAAATTTTT." Matt proceeds to knock the THING out of his hands and chucks it over the fence into the canal with a shovel. Let me just say one thing "I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR MY HUSBAND THE MIGHTY GOPHER HUNTER." It turns out it wasn't a rat, but it WAS a very mellow gopher just hanging out letting Benny pet it and hold it and heaven forbid almost kiss it. Anyways, that is our house...NEVER a dull moment ...NEVER!

No comments: