Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sleep is a Luxury for the Childless

Okay, so in the past 2 nights I have gotten very little sleep. On Tuesday night I made the mistake of allowing Bennett to sleep from 4:30 pm to 11pm. Trust me this was not intentional. I actually(foolishly) thought, maybe he just needs the sleep, and he'll sleep all night. He did not. I did not. Enuf said. Then last nght Gavin woke up at 11pm throwing up. Poor baby. But really he had ALL day to throw up. Why did he have to wait till 11 at night to start puking. And realistically, WHY do kids always start puking in the middle of the night? What is up with that? I mean why not at 9 am when you are well rested and able to deal with the need to steam clean your couch , shower, change clothes, do laundry, clean up the child who had thrown up on themselves and everything in a 50 ft radius? I am not getting this phenomenon. Obviously today will be a multi/cup coffee day. And here's my sincere prayer that he takes a LOOONNGGG nap. If you think that I will be catching up on my own sleep during this time, you are mistaken, I will be mopping the floor. It's gross, really gross. Not from puke tho. From 6 kids. Now I'm off to muddle through half awake, trying to remember something worthy to teach my children today.

1 comment:

Davis' said...

A good read...and I seriously agree that sleep is a luxury for the childless. So true. :)