Monday, April 11, 2011

Drums

Today we were blessed (????) with a free drum set. Joey has always wanted a drum set. I have in fact NEVER wanted a drum set. Hmmmm....well let me just say that drums are a bit....well...loud. Okay they are so very loud. Like REALLY, REALLY loud. Drums are SO loud in fact that you can bang them in the garage and hear them in the house and they are still LOUD! I am going to have to come up with appropriate drumming hours in my house. My neighbors will be so thankful and thrilled. Regifting your old stuff to the family with six kids is well ....appreciated (sometimes). I have a singer/piano player; a guitar player; and well now also a drum player....In fact I have an entire rock band, at my house. And guess what, when they are famous and make TONS of money...I will hopefully get a dedication on the inside front cover of the album...and perhaps ear plugs for Christmas. All because I was THAT kind of mom, the kind that allowed her kids to have drums, and willingly let them play them too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! You know, you can get drum sticks and brushes that are quieter than standard sticks. They make cool sounds too. Yeah, we have drums...but they are not for the kids (though they can play if they want).

Davis' said...

You are an amazing mom. Seriously, I wish I could be "that kind of mom". I go nuts with the plastic barbie key board! Good job girl!!