Monday, March 7, 2011

Choose this day whom you will serve.....Lord what is on my plate for today? I am realizing that I would love to do school, workout, come home for more school, mop my floor, do some laundry, have a sweet girl over to teach her how to cook, watch Lie to Me with Matt, and have a quiet time with the Lord, then sleep for 8 hrs.

My reality though is that it is snowing and we probably won't go to the gym in the snow.....oh well. The upside is that after the chaos of a flurry of children looking for lost snow things and beanies and gloves; and the hurry to get out into the snow before it melts, what I have left over is silence. Silence for but a few moments. However in my days of cherished moments, this one ranks fairly high. Just silence. And so I thank God who gives great gifts, for THIS gift of silence.

Lord, help me be you to my children today. Help me take advantage of each passing day and realize it may be my last with one or all of my kids. Let me Lord be a woman who is known to her family as one who traded wilingly her desires for today in order to live out the plans you have made. Ahhh....I hear crying. The silence is now over. On to the rest of my day.

No comments: